Spring sometimes arrives, but the weather isn’t quite ready. This spring vegetable soup could be the solution if you’re seeking a versatile dish to make the most of the fruit that’s cropping up in markets across the country. Soup is a highly adaptable dish by nature, and it’s the ideal dish to turn to if you’ve had the pleasure of gathering a variety of appetizing vegetables on a family excursion to the farmer’s market, then unloading them onto your kitchen counter and wondering, “Uh, yeah…..now what?” A warm cup of chunky and fresh spring vegetable soup is the ideal solution!
In the spring, this soup is a light and pleasant method to help soothe Kapha.
Our bodies will be better able to adjust to this new rebirth season if we make this ayurvedic spring vegetable soup for lunch or for a light dinner.
Ingredients of Spring Vegetable Soup:
- coconut oil (two teaspoons)
- 1 big sliced radish
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 bok choy stalks, chopped
- 1 sliced small onion
- 8 cups water
- 1 big sliced carrot
- 1/2 head shredded green cabbage
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon zest of lime
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Coconut oil needs to be melted in a large soup pot on medium heat.
- Sauté the radish, celery, bok choy, and onion.
- Combine the water, carrots, cabbage, garlic, ginger, lime zest, sea salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Increase the heat to high and cook for 10 minutes, covered.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and remove from heat.
- Before serving, stir, cover, and set aside for 10 minutes.
Have you tried this recipe? Use the hashtag #ayurvedalife and tag us @Theayurvedco on Instagram to share a snapshot of your delectable creation.
For more recipes :
Go through our recipe section today!