Herbal detox tea has proven to be one of the healthiest drinks in the world for decades. With the right ingredients and methods, one can actually gain a lot of health benefits from drinking herbal tea.
- ¼ tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 teabag of green tea
- 1-2 fresh holy basil leaves (tulsi)
- 1-2 fresh mint leaves
- 1 slice of lime or lemon
- ¼ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- Honey to tast
- In a mortar and pestle, add all the dry ingredients and slightly crush them. Make sure that the leaves are not completely broken.
- Add this slightly crushed mixture and 1 bag of green tea into a teacup and pour hot water.
- Add the slice of lemon and cover it, let it steep into an aromatic blend, creating an infused decoction.
- Strain it and consume warm. You can add a teaspoon of honey for taste.
Health Benefits of herbal detox tea:
The detox tea blend is highly beneficial to promote metabolism and regulate digestion. All of the ingredients in this tea have fat-burning properties naturally, making it excellent for those who wish to lose stubborn fat.
This tea is helpful to balance vitiated Kapha Dosha that is the main cause of poor metabolism. Green tea is a natural antioxidant, and the other herbs help to reduce the Ama that is undigested biowaste in the body that is responsible for the clogged circulation of nutrients.
The main purpose of this Detox tea is to ensure that meals are digested properly, and no new Ama formation is seen; that is why this tea is recommended to be consumed after heavy meals. Lemon and Honey are known to metabolize fat, especially that is saturated in the adipose (belly area). This Detox tea is also helpful in promoting healthy gut bacteria and increasing the absorption of nutrients in the body.
Also, Check out the blog on 9 ways to how to detox your body naturally (theayurvedco.com)