Ingredients for Avocado dip:
An avocado dip you can make with lesser ingredients in two minutes! This is also a great spread for tacos.
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup lime juice (from about 2 ½ limes)
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water, add as required
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt or rock salt
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh of the avocados into a food processor or blender.
- Clean and add the cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, water, and salt.
- After that blend, the mixture to a creamy texture, add water to adjust consistency in case it is too thick.
- Salt can be added as per taste. Using rock salt is preferred.
- Transfer the avocado sauce to a small serving bowl and this sauce keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for about 4 days.
Health Benefits of Avocado dip:
- Avocados dip is one of the most nutritious fruits containing essential and good fats. And also it is a nutrient-rich food that contains Folate, Vitamins C, Vitamin K, Vitamins B5 and B6, and Vitamin E. It also contains Iron, Zinc and Potassium in small quantities.
- Healthy Monosaturated fatty acids are what makes Avocados so beneficial for your heart.
Ayurveda properties and benefits of the Avocado Dip:
- According to Ayurveda, avocados are Madhura rasa dominant. Consuming too much will increase Kapha Dosha. Healthy preparations of this versatile fruit will also improve other health parameters when used to balance the Kapha Dosha.
- When fortified with Lime juice (Amla rasa that is sour taste) which acts as palate cleanser. Jalapeno (Katu rasa, that is Hot, pungent taste) that helps to improve digestion and Rock salt (Lavana, that is salty taste) which boosts the secretions of the salivary glands. The Avacado dip becomes a healthy dish for improving the taste buds and Agni. Also it is digestive fire while balancing the three Doshas.